Monday, October 01, 2007

More For Me

Sunday September 30th 2007, 9:00 p.m.; conversation:


-Aunt: Your uncle Goyo just called me all worried, apparently your cousin's girlfriend broke up with him today and he's been crying all day.

-Me: Awww poor thing, that sucks.

-Aunt: Yeah well he'll get over it, he's going to become a man now...besides she was wrong for him, I didn't like her.

-Me: But he did.

-Aunt: I'm just telling you my opinion, I know he liked her, they were together for three years.

-Aunt: (she says very convinced) I told your uncle we only come to this world to suffer...and he agreed.


There's seriously something wrong with my family. I refuse to belive that we have to settle for what we have and only expect suffering. And when I was on my way to work this morning I decided to share this conversation to see if I'm going crazy or not...also it reminded me of this song:


Had a bad day

As bad as they come

Time to get a real job

You gotta stop having fun

So I got a real job

I'm working nine to nine

I'm making five bucks an hour

'til the day I die

Got a straw inside of me

And it's filled just fine

Got a straw inside of me

With the strongest wine

Well I'm one third passion

And I'm two thirds pride

Said I used to have a life once

He said I used to like your smile once

Singing silence to the world

But the stars kept marching

He said silence to everyone

I said I'm still talking

Have you got some more deep inside of you

I'll always have more for me

I take a little more for me baby

I got a picture of the way

The world has summed me up

If I could have one wish

I sure wish that I had never grown up

I got a picture of the way I looked

When I was three

I came out laughing screaming dancing

I used to be free spirited

Now I'm just free of sleep

I got a burning passion in my throat

I got a burning passion inside me

I got a job that wastes my time and gift

I got a life that needs a serious lift

And all the things I wanted

Yes all the things I want

Go on and on and on and on

On and on and on and on

Well I go on

Silence to the world

But the stars keep marching

Silence to everyone

But I kept talking

Have you got some more deep inside of you

Yes I'll always have more more me

He says all the things I want they go

So I, I take a little more for me


In other news, I really want to see this movie:


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Edilma, I, too, do not believe that we come into this life ONLY to suffer.

Seek out the joy in life. And you are not crazy to want to find the joy. I need to follow my own advice too, smile.

Uta Refson said...

If we only come into this life to suffer - then why do we stick around?
Seems absurd to me
I love your aunt sweetie, but how Spanish can ya get????????
Perhaps you are the saviour of the family?
ooooh! idea! maybe you can tell her about your sexual preference by surrounding it in all the way it"tortures" you and how painful it is.....then maybe she will except it with open arms?
At least by her way of thinking that is.
Hmmmmmmmm..........
So many things to think about sweetie.
Such a thought provolking Monday.
Have a suffer-free week darling.

XO