Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Charlotte Gainsbourg

5:55

The Operation

Everything I Cannot See

This is Charlotte Gainsbourg (she's brittish but raised in Paris), daughter of Serge Gainsbourg...she's most famous for her acting career. I think the music it's in the genes, but that's the funny-intriguing thing about Charlotte, she doesn't even sing...she whispers the songs and you fall in love with her, her voice is so warm, beautiful and sexy you can't help but love her. And the songs are just beautiful.

So I decided to post threes of her videos. The first one is "5:55" (that's the name of her cd if you want to check it out), it's so damn beautiful, it looks like a potograph the entire video. The second one is "The Operation", gorgeous video also and amazing song. And finally is "Everything I Cannot See", my favorite song in the cd, the vid is a live performance with the band Air.

Useless fact: she's the voice in Madonna's song "What It Feels Like For A Girl"

I'm trying to post new singers this week, well "new" for me anyway, or people that i've recently heard of.

Thanks dear Nilz, you have been very influential this year, in music and in movies :D

"...If I pull this off I'll refuse the nobel prize"

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

She's intriguing, E. It's taking me a minute to get used to her whispering singing though. Beautiful videos!

Tigerblue said...

Will have to check back to watch the videos running a bit late today for work.

Uta Refson said...

HEY! I go awy for ONE day and THAT is the day you choose to post Charlotte?????????!!!!!!!!!
*sigh
I think you may have hurt my one eensy-weensy feeling. ;D

such good taste sweetie

Nilz said...

have i been influential in your sexual awakenings?

don't answer

(K)