Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Start spreading the news...

Cat Power - New York (live at Jools Holland)

I have the new Cat Power CD "Jukebox". It's all covers like the video I posted, to Janis Joplin, Hank Williams, Billie Holiday, etc. But the most surprising thing about the CD is the version of "Angelitos Negros" (little black angels), wich is a very famous poem by a very famous venezuelan poet and politician named Andrés Eloy Blanco. It was truly an amazing surprise to find this song in Cat's CD, specially because of what it represents, it's kind of a long story to tell but it talks about the slaves during the spanish colonization here, really a beautiful song.

In other topics, I haven't seen The L Word's season finale yet, so I don't think I will visit the blogs today so I don't see any spoilers. It's taken forever to download because I guess everybody it's doing the same thing, so the servers must be very busy. I will see it tonight though...I hope.

4 comments:

Nilz said...

Andrés Eloy Blanco... yes, sounds familiar... ;)

don't we know a little juvenile delinquent who is related to... no no, i must be mistaken :P

muak (K)

Edilma said...

I think you're right...our little rocky horror picture show drag queen of a friend is related to Mr. Blanco...hee hee.

Uta Refson said...

Ok, well I don't want to ruin anyhting for you....
BUT - shane & molly decide to have a baby together
helena comes back and hires tasha as her personal body guard
bette, tina and jodi all decide to live together as a threesome and raise angelica
jenny is asked to direct the all lesbian version of 10 commandments
kitt buys a frozen yogurt truck and begins her new career
and alice goes on a bender and rides off towards the mexican border on a vespa!
=D

Anonymous said...

Hahahahahahahaha, Uta! Oh, damn, you should be a writer for the L Word. Hahahahaha.

E, I'm not familiar with Cat Power. Would be great to hear how she covers Angelitos Negros.