Wednesday, May 30, 2007

First stop: Boston


Hello my lovelies!
As you know, I start my USA tour/vacation in 20 days so I thought I gather some information about the cities I'm visiting.
My first stop is the city of Boston. So all I know about this city is that it's the home of the Red Sox and some of the best schools in the country, they have a large irish comunity and they had an incident with some tea back in the day hahahahaha. Oh! and Ben Affleck and Matt Damon hahahaha.
So what can you guys tell me about this town? have you been there? is there anything in particular I should know?
By the way, I'm spending all my time in Boston with Nilz and his lovely wife Yolanda...thanks to your brother for letting me stay :D

11 comments:

Nilz said...

boston is also home of the spaghetti museum. check it out ;)

(K)

sparklemotion said...

maaaatt daaaaaaamon :)

Edilma said...

Nilz - You got me the first time you silly...hahahahah.

Sparks - Hahahaha I loved Team America World Police hahahahahaha...awsome movie :D

Anonymous said...

I love Boston! Downtown, you can walk the "Freedom Trail," which takes you on a tour of many historic sites and buildings from the time of the American Revolution.

If you pay a fee a guide will lead you on the tour. Or you can walk it yourself as the trail is marked on the sidewalks.

http://www.nps.gov/archive/bost/freedom_trail.htm

Don't forget to order a big bowl of Boston Clam Chowder soup, pronounced, Chowdah.

Boston is home to the orginal "Cheers" bar.

Don't forget to stop by the huge Boston Public Library.

In nearby Cambridge, there is Harvard University and MIT.

Try to take in a ball game at Fenway Park.

One of the nice things about Boston is you can take the subway everywhere.

Uta Refson said...

I like Boston CremePie! Does that count??????????

Historical baby!

Edilma said...

Chaparrita - OH! I forgot about Cheers! awsome! Thank you for the info :D

Uta - naughty!

Anonymous said...

Want to be really informed? Boston is the source of the first organized militia in the U.S. On Dec. 13, 1636, the North, East and South Regiments were formed as the forerunner of the U.S. National Guard

Kai said...

I've NEVER been to Boston! Weird, right? I've heard great things. You'll have to show me your pictures.

xoxo

:: counting down to your US arrival ::

Faaaah! said...

me encantaría tener algo que decir jejeje, i'va never been there... con suerte iré en los próximos días.... pregúntame por tu segunda parada! :D

seymour said...

Wish I could help out on this one...butt the only part of Boston I've seen is the airport. It was a trip I took to P-Town. Now THERE'S a place to visit....

Guls said...

Around the university area was great (cambridge), I loved especially the atmosphere of harvard and it's neighborhood (nice lil' coffees and restaurants, book stores and such...)