Thursday, February 22, 2007

My Oscar Predictions

This sunday February 25th are the 79th Annual Academy Awards, and because it's a tradition of mine i'm not going to miss it...by the way if you did'nt know ELLEN DEGENERES will be hosting the ceremony this year, that is so freakin' cool ;)

So my predictions for this year are the following:

Best Actor: Forest Whitaker - THE LAST KING OF SCOTLAND



Best Supporting Actor: I haven't decided on this one yet...it's between:
Eddie Murphy - DREAMGIRLS/ Alan Arkin - LITTLE MISS SUNSHINE



Best Actress: Helen Mirren - THE QUEEN


Best Supporting Actress: Jennifer Hudson - DREAMGIRLS
Although I think Abigail Breslin (Little Miss Sunshine) should win because she's too freakin' cute


Best Director: Alejandro González Iñárritu - BABEL



Best Picture: I have no clue who's going to win this one, but in my heart LITTLE MISS SUNSHINE should win ;)



Well my lovelies that's it...tell me if you agree with my predictions.
See you in the red carpet ;)

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, I LOVED Little Miss Sunshine. Let's see. Do I still have time to go see The Queen and Dreamgirls before Sunday?

I would love for Sunshine to win best picture but I think it could either be Babel or Letters from Iwo Jima.

I predict Helen Mirren will win best performance by an actress for The Queen.

I predict that Clint Eastwood will been the Directing award.

I predict Ellen Degeneres will be funny.

Just some of my predictions.

Anonymous said...

meant to type: will "win" for my sentence about Clint Eastwood...can't type!

Edilma said...

Chaparrita! You're maybe right about Letters, the war epic always wins...bleh!

Tigerblue said...

Hi Edilma! I don't comment much on your blog but just wanted to let you know I am a daily reader.

The only one I could even guess on would be Helen Mirren for best actress.

I've really gotta catch up on my movies. I usually do a marathon when my classes are over for the term.

Have a great one!

Uta Refson said...

Hmmmmmmmmm......well we shall see lovely E.
Have your dress all picked out???
=D
My vote is definetly for Helen, so hard with her up agaisn dame Dench...
I still have to fill out my ballot!
See ya there!
(ha ha....carpet!)

seymour said...

I think you must have seen the movies to make predictions...therefore....I shall keep quiet on this one.

:D

Nilz said...

and what about CLICK?

ssssshhhhh

Anonymous said...

little miss sunshine was wonderful. as was the queen. and babel. i need to go see a few more this weekend before the big day!! have you seen the departed??