Monday, September 17, 2007

Existential Crisis

So how do you know you're having and existential crisis? And how do you make a change in your life and not die trying?

These are the facts:

  • You have known for some time that you don't like your work and you hate what you're studying at college.
  • You're stressed out and can't sleep at night.
  • You cried for an hour last week just because your boss corrected you on something.
  • You're worried and overanalize the fact (or so you think) that your girlfriend doesn't want to have sex with you.
  • You think you're going to dissapoint your family if you make the changes you need to make.
  • You want to leave the country but you fear that is going to be worst on the family situation.
  • You're afraid you're going to burst into tears again for no reason.
  • You're afraid.
  • You're the life of the party...NOT!

(When I say "You" I mean "I")

I'm a mess and I need help.

It's like The Smiths song:

I was happy in the haze of a drunken hour

But heaven knows I'm miserable now

I was looking for a job, and then I found a job

And heaven knows I'm miserable now

In my life

Why do I give valuable time

To people who don't care if I live or die ?

Two lovers entwined pass me by

And heaven knows I'm miserable now

I was looking for a job, and then I found a job

And heaven knows I'm miserable now

In my life

Oh, why do I give valuable time

To people who don't care if I live or die ?

What she asked of me at the end of the day

Caligula would have blushed

"You've been in the house too long" she said

And I (naturally) fled

In my life

Why do I smile

At people who I'd much rather kick in the eye ?

I was happy in the haze of a drunken hour

But heaven knows I'm miserable now

"You've been in the house too long" she said

And I (naturally) fled

In my life

Why do I give valuable time

To people who don't care if I live or die ?

8 comments:

sparklemotion said...

awww .. that totally sucks. although i can't say or do anything to make you feel better, i'm sending positive vibes your way :)

ps. love the song choice!

Edilma said...

Thanks Sparks, you're very sweet. Hey wasn't your b-day a few days ago? Happy belated birthday!

Anonymous said...

Edilma, sending you some good energy! I have had that same crisis...more than once. So I can relate. It's good to reach out and get a little help from your friends.

Sending you a BIG HUG! XO

Uta Refson said...

Well I certainly care about all of the above in concerns to you.
What can I do?
I am always here to listen to you.
I can always offer a shoulder to cry on
Always have two arms to give you a ginormous hug with
We have all gone through this
sometimes it helps just to talk it through
You are not alone
and it is NEVER too late to choose a different path

you are loved
and have all the support you could ever need ;D
besos dearest E.

Tigerblue said...

Awww...Edilma. I've been at these crossroads a couple of times myself in life. Not that long ago I turned my life upside down. Your friends are here to help you through.

Hugs and kisses!

Chazza said...

E I'm sending you positive vibes too.

As for advice all I can say is that I was in the same situation for the past two years, I was miserable, depressed and didn't tell anyone. And I am here to listen if you wanna talk or vent or scream or whatever.

What did I do? I'm taking a year off university to make sure I'm really doing what I want. I've never been happier to tell you the truth. I put it out of my mind and will start thinking about it next year before I have to decide whether I want to go back or not. I stressed and was in tears days before I told my parents 'cause I thought they were gonna kick me out and disown me forever. We have the best relationship we have ever had in my life. I feel like I can talk to them, tell them how I feel and not be worried about their wrath. Turns out most parents want their kids to be happy... yes even my parents. I was shocked!

Unfortunately I still work at my crappy job but the money is good and until I find a better job I'm staying to get all the money I can. I’m really thinking about staying until January, saving a shite load of money and going on a kick ass holiday before I get back to being serious.

There are a lot of options honestly and I am not ruling any of them out. If you wanna talk hit me up with an email. Just make sure you take care of you no.1 that’s most important. ‘Cause I know when I stress out I get really sick, so take care of yourself and good luck with it all.

Edilma said...

Thank you ladies for your kind words. Don't worry i'll figure something out :D

BESOS!

riese said...

I love that song. The lyric: "Why do I smile at people I'd rather kick in the eye" often runs through my head.

But yeah, I obvs know what you mean, I call that an "everything crisis."