Monday, August 28, 2006


It's not
What you thought
When you first began it
You got
What you want
Now you can hardly stand it though,
By now you know
It's not going to stop
It's not going to stop
It's not going to stop
'Til you wise up

You're sure
There's a cure
And you have finally found it
You think
One drink
Will shrink you 'til you're underground
And living down
But it's not going to stop
It's not going to stop
It's not going to stop
'Til you wise up

Prepare a list of what you need
Before you sign away the deed
'Cause it's not going to stop
It's not going to stop
It's not going to stop
'Til you wise up
No, it's not going to stop
'Til you wise up
No, it's not going to stop
So just...give up

If you haven't seen this movie...what are you waiting for?

Happy week mamacitas...and Nilz ;)

8 comments:

Nilz said...

edilma, you might as well hit me in the head and call me vicky.

lovely song. it gives you a little hope when aimee sings "it's not going to stop 'til you wise up", but at the end she says "it's not going to stop... so just give up", wiping her feet on your dreams and leaving you with everlasting dirt on your heart.

love... hate... indeed ;)

(K)

nice way to start a monday. this is going to be one big happy week. shall we cry all together?

Edilma said...

Yes dear Nilz, this movie smashed my little heart in pieces...

Kai said...

Hello!!!!!!!!!

This Nilz dude is stealing my thunder with his early morning 1st comments! LOL! (True, I just woke up at Noon, but still...)

Never saw Magnolia - I've been watching to watch it with YOU! :-) But I do loooooove the Aimee Mann song. Great song!

Hope your having a great day! I'm off to start mine.

btw, yesterday, i was very tired for some reason?! Hmmm....

xoxo

Uta Refson said...

Ahhhhh......such eXcellent taste!
Great movie! Heartbreaking and complicated...........just like life.
But in there, somewhere is a "ray of light" a piece of hope that gives us the strength to keep going.......that makes it seem worthwhile.
Ooh, my, very seruious stuff for a Monday! Yikes!

I'll just PRRRRRRRRRR at the Latin hottie and go now............. ;)

Edilma said...

Kai - You have to see this movie!...hahahahah I was tired for some reason too ;)

Uta - Yes i do have excellent taste ;) PPRRRRRRRRRRRR!

Edilma said...

Kai - You have to see this movie!...hahahahah I was tired for some reason too ;)

Uta - Yes i do have excellent taste ;) PPRRRRRRRRRRRR!

Kai said...

E - you came to my blog, and posted that I need a new post?!?

I don't know if I should be flattered, or come down there and punish you (again!).

hee, hee...

PS - I've been busy watching "Weeds!" I'm all caught up for tonight's show. YAY!

Anonymous said...

I saw the movie Magnolia...it was one of my favorite movies that year because it was so unique.

I loved John C. Reilly in that movie.